We have to accept the fact that the upholstery is bound to get dirty anyhow and anyway. There is a lot that happens to your upholstery between kids, guests, everyday use and pets. The upholstery can accumulate dust, get stained or absorb unpleasant odors. More than being an embarrassment, these factors create an unhygienic environment. In certain cases, home cleaning is enough to freshen up the upholstery, but for more serious cases, it is always advisable to hire a professional upholstery cleaner like Pure N Bright.
Here, we provide you with upholstery cleaning tips which would considerably extend the life of your furniture. Moreover, these tips are safe for your kids and pets, ensuring eco-ethical practice.
- Check Manufacturer’s Label for Cleaning Instructions: Most of the companies use codes to indicate cleaning agents and processes which are safe for the upholstery fabric.
- W – Water-based cleaning products
- S – Dry cleaning products or rubbing alcohol
- WS – Either of the above two
- X – N cleaning products at all
- Routine vacuuming: Before using any cleaning product or deodoriser, always vacuum your upholstery regularly. Vacuuming helps in removing debris, food crumbs, pet hair and all the unwanted elements from your furniture.
- Let your upholstery breathe air and get exposed to sunlight: Keeping your furniture outside for few hours will get rid of all the unpleasant odors. Ensure to keep the upholstery where it can have direct exposure to air and sunlight.
- Use DIY solutions: Spraying white vinegar and letting it air dry works wonders on strongest of the odors. You can also sprinkle baking soda on the upholstery and let it stay overnight. This technique can even remove long lingering odors from the upholstery.
- Always test cleaning products before use: For larger soiled areas, you can either call the professionals or test the cleaning products on a smaller area before use.
At Pure N Bright, we understand that upholstery like sectionals, air chairs and ottomans are expensive investments. More than enhancing the decor, they have high functionality. There are much more reasons behind letting them look their best all the time. Occasional cleaning and regular care is the key to keeping your furniture fresh – always and for a longer time.
If you need help with your upholstery and furniture cleaning, don’t hesitate to request our services. We are a reputed and trusted upholstery cleaner in Melbourne. Our professionals have the expertise and can do a better job than a rented cleaner. Arrange to have your furniture cleaned at 1300 360 274.
Warning: We always highly recommend to get it done by the professionals as doing by your own it might damage your Upholstery.